Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Get Up

I aint trynna survive
Im trynna throw my momma in rides
Imma provide for my seed I'm the soil
--J. Cole

I haven't written in a while but I'm writing today. I really just want to update everyone on my blessings. I'm 21 hours from graduating. Crazy, right?! You really have no idea where I'm coming from but to give you an idea, I've been without a home address, not known where I was going to stay at night, lost my great grandma to age, lost my cousin to gang violence, lost friends to death and to life, began relationships, ended relationships, lost love, found love, questioned God, found spirituality, gave my blood, sweat, and tears for 6 brothers, lost my scholarships, regained them, and everything else all within these 4 years. The fact that I even made it to college is a blessing because so many of the cats I grew up with are still at home, dead, or in jail (no disrespect. Still got nothing but love). So, nope, I'm not getting out on time, but I am so thankful that I'm getting out. My father and his father went to college and never made it out. I am going to walk across that stage with my head held high because I will not be another statistic. I really am so ready to make this world better. And I'm going to do just that. Thanks to all you who have ever supported me and those of you who continue to support me. I love life.

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment