Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Limits on Free Speech

Ok, maybe people think I shouldn't say this. Look at the rest of my posts and you'll see I am not the most politically correct blogger and I really don't care whether you agree or not. Anyway, it's just my opinion.

Tonight, I was at the Drake show and, to make a long story short, he gave all the white folks there a pass for the night in telling them they could use the word "nigga" while at the show. I have a huge problem with this because I don't even use the term in mixed company out of respect for whites since, in my mind, they should not use the word. So I need the same respect. The word shouldn't be used in mixed company. I can deal with Latinos using it b/c it is culturally acceptable in many places. I don't know anywhere that it is truly acceptable for white folks to toss the word around. Maybe Canada. But, Drake, you're not in Canada anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment