Friday, September 28, 2012

For the World to See

I still remember being proud to be a big brother to a little brother.  I was excited to know that he was all mine to have fun with and teach because in my mind, he was.  My parents were just the ones who provided him to me.  For 15 years, I lived with him almost every day.  I watched him grow.  Then he came to college in the same town as me.  And I continued to watch him grow.  Then I moved away and I moved back again and I'm astonished at his growth.  He has found a passion and developed it.  He has learned to speak his mind.  I still remember when he ran away.  Haha.  I don't know where he thought he was getting on that bike but he tried.  He didn't know why I pledged but he was right there when I took off my probate mask.  He always knows where I am on the court and his pass always gets to me even when he's not looking.  We are our father's sons.  And I know that, whether he receives an Oscar or a role in a toilet paper commercial, I will always be proud of him because he's all mine to have fun with.  Love you man.  Happy 21st!


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment