Saturday, June 4, 2011

Planned Parenthood: Pt. 1

Ok, so we all know that I'm not a parent (Thank God). But, as I get older, I think about what things I want in a family. One thing that is a must is financial stability. But that stability cannot breed spoiled children. I work for what I have. They will work for what they have (within reason). I think I have a good plan though.

Early on, I intend not to give them every single thing they ask for. They don't need to be accustomed to "Yes" being the only thing that comes from Daddy and Mommy's mouths. They will be comfortable but I want to fabricate some minor hardships so they know how to deal with them and so they see my wife and handle them responsibly (prayerfully fabricated financial hardships are the only ones they will see).

When they get to college, after having made it through a comfortable, but at times trying teenage experience, they will not want for anything. I want them to be able to focus on successfully completing school. Just as I will have a job, school will be theirs. For good work, they will get bonuses. For poor performance, they will get excessive funding revoked.

This is just my mind working and of course I will have to talk about all of it with whomever I marry, but I feel like it's never too early to start planning.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment