Saturday, January 21, 2012

Popeye


I'm not a pastor nor am I a saint
But I didn't come here to tell you everything I ain't
I mean everything I'm not
See, everything I've got
Has me thanking Him for my mother to my socks
Don't get it wrong... We're not all of God a child
For instance, why would you say there's no church in the wild?
We are the church, the body not the building
And to say otherwise is to be making a killing
Because to deny His body is to hate your brother
And to hate your brother is to kill another
You say I'm streching but it's in His Word
First John, third chapter, read through every verse
See, it talks about how loving Christ correlates with loving your neighbor
So, if you don't, how can you love your Savior?
Or vice versa, how can you your brother but not the Son of God?
He saved you from damnation. Not loving him is more than odd
Love isn't all we need. We need the love of Christ
We need to love Him all in all, a love solid as the ice
And don't just talk about it, be about it
So many souls get rerouted
Because they hear us talk about Christ but cannot see our love
Sin forever we will but it takes no thought to hug
Live in love and we'll shine His light. In hate, we will dim it
Actions speak volumes. Let your actions be your spinach.

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment