Thursday, June 3, 2010

Retired Jersey

"My intentions are good, but most importantly, my actions match." -- Deryle Daniels, Jr.

I won't lie. Falling in love is something that I didn't want to do. Especially not with her because I could see that she had the potential to be exactly what I needed. I was playing the game and playing it well, if I do say so myself. Juggling like a clown and always doing the opposite of what a loser does. I had just gotten off line, was a member of the Playboi Pi Zeta chapter and I was recently single. So why risk giving all that up? For the same reason I didn't want to fall in love with her... because I knew what potential she had. For over a year, I had noticed the way she carried herself around campus. She came in more mature than most of her peers and I saw her grow even further apart from them. I saw a focus in her that made me smile. She was driven, intellectual, and positive. Who wouldn't want someone like that? Me. Because I knew that, in order to take advantage of the opportunity to date someone so like-minded, I would have to give something up. That something would have to be the game. At first I was somewhat hesitant. You know, it wasn't like I was going to completely cut off everyone else after the first couple dates. But soon, I was talking to her every night. We were enjoying one another's company. We knew it was time to give the game up. It was hard, but I did. Not for me to be happy, but for her to feel safe in our relationship. I don't want either of us to ever get too comfortable, but safety and security is one thing that is a must. I feel like we have that, all provided by God.
Just some things on my mind.

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment