Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time is Ticking

Yesterday I was sitting at lunch w/ some of my co-workers (7 young ladies and 2 other young men) and the conversation somehow moved toward wedding rings. The figure $15,000 got thrown out. Then 10. Then 5. I was then told that a ring should at least be 2 and a half months of your salary. If I come out getting 40/year, the ring will fall right between that 5 and 10. Then I went to the movies last night to see Sex in the City II and it was, of course, all about marriage and families. So I was sitting around thinking, "Wow. When I get out of school, I am going to really have to get prepared to give my family a comfortable life." But then I was thinking, I don't want to be that father and husband who throws money instead of time at problems. Based on my timeline (which means nothing to God), I have about 7 years to get all my shit together before little D3 is running around. So from now on, I am putting $1 into savings for my future every day of every year on top of the 20%/check that already is in the budget. Life is moving fast. I've got to stay ahead of the rest.

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment