Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Told You So

Told You So

The yard is my track. Y'all cats are behind me
I stay in front of you so it's not too hard to find me
I had to pick up a Michelle for my Barack-like reign
You didn't know? This is a Barack type thang
I'm the president of the presidential phrat
Yeah you know; them bois in the old gold and black
Kelly green lining to make the light shine harder
Y'all niggas ride the bench. Playbois are starters
No disrespect intended, only truth spoken
You can smell it thru the wrapper. Lyrics are so potent
I go 3 times harder than most
Known from Oregon to Florida's coast
And my girl is a dime's dime. That's 10's 10
Don't understand it? Let me say it again
Dime's dime. Spring 10's 10
OH no, your chick is a loss and mine is a win
Pound sign preceding the whole phrase
My topics trend almost everyday
Yours? Well they die in silence
I'm a scholar who's glad I didn't die from violence
You think you know but you have no idea.
As to some of the things you don't know I did
I go to college now but before I did
Some crazy things. I was a crazy kid
But I'm reformed now headed to a top that you can't see
Yea, right now you might call me D3
But give it some time. You might call me boss
Your levels of wins are what I'd call a loss
Not to be rude. Just to be real
Don't be surprised when I'm at the top. You know the deal

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I like this. You allude to lots of different things in a creative way.

    ReplyDelete