Sunday, September 12, 2010

Karaoke

Do you even feel it anymore? -- Drake

This song really resonates with me, especially where he raps. "I hope you don't get known for nothin' crazy 'cause no man ever wants to hear those stories 'bout his lady. I know they say the first love is the sweetest but that first cut is the deepest. I tried to keep us together but you were busy keeping secrets." There was a point in my life (noticeably right after I crossed the burning sands) that I was so focused on my success and moving forward for myself that I wasn't able to give those I cared about the attention needed to sustain relationships, therefore those relationships (both romantic and platonic) fell off. I was replaced in some instances and all bridges had been burned. In others, I had to go back and rebuild. Either way, life keeps moving. As Drake said, "I was was only trying to get ahead." I got there and, thankfully, I able to regain my happiness at the same time. Lesson learned.

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment