Friday, September 17, 2010

The Resistance

What am I afraid of? This is supposed to be what dreams are made of. -- Drake

It's 8:00 AM. I am up, getting ready to hit the weight room with my LB, then going to class. At noon I am sitting on a panel with the chancellor and the provost. After that I'm going to pick up a new, tailored suit and then heading to my staff meeting. Greek social, movie night w/ friends, greek social part 2, bed (the rest of the night). Last night I hit the club, no wait, VIP, "Deryle + 7" on the list. Day before that I was chilling with some of my chapter and BE. getting love at the Mr. 1913 pageant. I am turning down good girls because I have a great one. I meet all the right people at the right times. My spirituality is on the come up. I'm one of the strongest candidates for homecoming king. I'm the president of the fraternity. I am really living the dream life.

But with all that, I have lost the simplicity. All the excitement has grown old. With all of that, I often find myself wanting to vacation for a week in my own home. "Nothing really comes as a surprise right now. We're just having the time of our lives right now." Problem is, I miss the surprises. I miss saying "wow, that was fun." Now I say "That was a good party," because of it's level of success and not because it was anything new to me. The novelty of having bad chicks at my beck and call has worn off. All I really want these days is to have a regular relationship without the UNCG tabloids (living breathing publications who can't help but gossip) scrutinizing my every move.

Then there are those who hit me with the "you promised me you'd never change up." And then I look in the mirror and I ask myself if I have changed. I see it sometimes. Other times I just see stronger in the mirror. Can't go back. This is me. Onward and upward.

Keeping it 100, there are even times I need a break from the bruhs. It's just like a real family - if you spend too much time w/ anyone, you'll go crazy. I eat, drink, sleep, workout, and party Alpha, always with a sprinkle of Delta and/or AKA on the side. It's crazy that I got what I wanted, only to find out that everything that glitters really isn't gold. Oh well.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment