Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Think Like a Man" Movie Review

Tonight I had the opportunity to attend a screening of the film "Think Like a Man." I will not lie to you, my girl and I went to see it together but it is one of the few relationship movies that I will not place in the "chick flick" category. I would recommend to my fraternity brothers and other male friends. I haven't read the book but I will say that every couple, regardless of race or socioeconomic status, needs to see the movie. Whether you have major relationship problems or not, it is a great laugh with some great lessons intricately woven in. The acting was great. It was set in LA (a personal plus because I may be thinking about moving there in the future). It was based on a best selling book that I was mad at Steve Harvey for writing but, after seeing the film, I can appreciate it being written. All in all, Desirèe and I had a great time.

And ladies, even if you're single, go with your homegirls for a good time. Guys, if you're off work one day with nothing to do, check it out as a matinee. I bet you'll learn some stuff and you'll laugh too.

I'm no movie critic but I am a thinker and a writer and this movie just makes sense. Invest some time in a few good laughs. You deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it was terrible, because it's definitely watchable thanks to it's good cast, but there are just so many moments that feel schmaltzy and contrived mainly because these characters are so thin and barely any development goes into them. Maybe everyone except for Kevin Hart. He's the man. Good review Deryle. Glad to finally see a film beat The Hunger Games in the box office though. It was starting to get a little annoying seeing that film #1 every week.

    ReplyDelete