Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If I Could Choose

So many things I want to say but I haven't the words
Corny as it may sound, she gets me as high as the birds
Not the ones on Earth, but nor the ones on Mars
As high from earth as the birds that fly on the planets of the stars
Stop... think about it... that's higher than any pipe
Higher than any space shuttle and higher than any flight
I can't explain it. It's new but damn it's great
She must be heaven sent. Only God can plan this great
Figure is amazing, face always aglow
Voice is melodic. She talks as I listen to notes
Her smile is 10,000 millions of WOW
All futuristic "beauty" is defined by her "now"
Her now is the culmination of all beauty from the past
From her face to her voice to her style to her...
Classes I've taken with her have been the best that I've taken
I love knowing that she doesn't like bacon
Or that her middle names are lovely, her parents are hip
Her eyes are the warmest. She has the softest of lips
She sees my flaws, and still I am embraced
She has a brilliance that can't be taught or replaced
Not spoiled or dependent but she makes me feel needed
She knows when to put me in check, or if my ego needs, feed it
We know each other but always want to know more
And I can only hold my breath to see what is in store
Speaking of in store, she doesn't care what I buy her
Which makes me want to buy her more. In me she inspires
Such a sense of selflessness on an emotional plane
I'm taking steps on her love and I love the terrain
First time I ever wrote that word in relation to her
In two days I will say it, with my face facing hers
Scared, yes I am, but even more scared to lose her
I can't choose who I love but if I could, still I'd choose her

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment