Saturday, December 26, 2009

Turn Your Lights ON

I had this lil’ bad thing, somethin’ like them 10’s
She gave a aggin mad brain, somethin’ like the Wiz
But you see the sad thing fuckin’ with her is
Is the chick ain’t even have brains, dummy like a bitch
So I tried to show her
About the world and about just who we really are
And where we’ve come and how we still have to go really far
Like baby look at how we live broke on the boulevard
But all she ever want me to do is unhook her bra - - J. Cole


Sitting here, listening to J. Cole, I figured out the perfect thing to write about. Dumb females. This, in no way, is a shot at all females. And if it's not you, please talk to your dumb friends, b/c we all, male and female, have dumb friends of both sexes. Yes, dumb is a mean and politically incorrect term, but the shit is real life. The type of dumb I am talking about is being one dimensional, unable to do anything but physically please me, expendable female.


Not to toot my own horn (TOOT TOOT) but I am something like the man. Not the man, not the HNIC, but I have my hands in every aspect of college life in Greensboro. I am in touch with the chancellors and provosts at the two biggest universities in my city (on a first name basis with 2 of those 4 people), I have the cell phone numbers of the Deans of business schools across the state, and I always have internship opportunities even though I don't seek them. I don't pay to get into parties, I have girls who can easily be called dimes calling my phone to come over even though I don't pick up (anymore), I am the president of the Black Business Students Association and I am a proud brother of the Playboi Pi Zeta chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. I am dark (check), not short (nor am I tall), and in good shape. Alright, maybe I'm tooting my own horn, but continue to read and it will make sense.


What I don't understand is how a female can try to approach me (or any forward moving man) and not have her stuff together. If you can't carry yourself well in public, how can you expect me to take you anywhere? I've been at dinners with everyone from mayors to congressional representatives to presidential candidate John Edwards. I see UNC System President Erskine Bowles at family gatherings. I might not be rich but I will be and I am in what Brother DuBois named the Talented Tenth. If your only talent is being able to do the things rappers talk about in the songs I will hear tonight at the club, please don't even approach me for two reasons: I have a girl who makes me happy (so even if you can do more than that, fall back) and even if I was single, I wouldn't talk to anyone who can't make me want to be better.


What really made me want to write about this was the line "I tried to show her about the world." I tried so hard to change so many fine girls. I really wanted them to get some sense to match their bodies. It's really hard to see a gorgeous girl who only wants to get it in. You want better for them b/c you see that they have so much potential in them but some people really just want to rely on a man for their entire lives. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be able to rely on us but, in this day and age, a progressive man needs a woman (not a girl) who has the mental capacity to do for herself. I am not a politician but I have a hand in politics and I need a woman who will be able to step back and see things the way they should be seen so that she can give me good advice on the right decisions to make, not (just) which condom would feel best.

I didn't mean to seem vulgar or tactless in this post, but I felt like some of you potential ladies need to hear this. Mine definitely doesn't. Check back in on Monday. And Merry belated Christmas.



Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment