Friday, December 3, 2010

It's My Birthday

World, today I turned 23 years old. I appreciate all of the phone calls, text messages, letters, e-mails, Facebook posts/comments, tweets, BBMs, KiK msgs, cards, gifts, words of kindness, kisses, hugs, thoughts, prayers, et cetra. Today has truly been a blessing. I love all of my family and friends and I definitely am thankful for my siblings (blood and otherwise), my fraternity brothers and my amazing girlfriend who made today even more special than I deserve.

The best gift I could have gotten, however, was given to me by God 2,000+ years ago. He gave me His son and I am very thankful that, on my birthday, I know it's not about me. Without my Father, none of today would be possible. And without him, my first cousin, who was in a car accident 6 days ago, would not be alive. So, I thank God first for letting my 21 year old cousin Damian C. Jackson live and secondly for letting me see this day. This has truly been a great birthday. Thank you all again.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment