Monday, December 6, 2010

Many Hats

"I want to get away. I wanna fly away" -- Lenny Kravitz

Sometimes I feel like moving far away and starting over. I get tired of setting the standard for success and trying to meet people's expectations of excellence. I feel like there is so much that is expected of me but I am only one man. I'm expected to be the perfect gentleman, a model Christian, the face of Alpha, the dream boyfriend, the well-versed scholar, the polished speaker, the logical advisor, the benevolent provider, the well-groomed businessman, etc. In actuality, I feel like I am just one person who wears so many hats and, in all actuality, I should only be wearing. Still, here I am, in Greensboro, in North Carolina, in the South where none of this will ever change. I have to get away.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment