Monday, December 27, 2010

Please Be Thankful

"Thank God for granting me this moment of clarity. This moment of honesty" -- Jay-Z

Sometimes I just want to know something for sure. Something other than the fact that I'm going to be successful. I want a sense of stability in life and I just don't have it. I want normal for more than 2 months at a time. But it doesn't happen. That's why I have to be successful. If I'm not, my kids will be wishing they had normal and I can't deal with that.

I really want to be able to complain about stuff like Christmas gifts that I didn't get and the fact that my parents are getting on my nerves for asking me to come home so much. But I can't. So I complain about the stuff that matters like not seeing my little cousins for Christmas or not going to church on Sunday. So often people get caught up in the unimportant things but are you really thinking about what you do have? Probably a lot more than other people.

This isn't a pity post. Were it one, I would have gone beneath the surface. This is a post saying please realize that things could be much worse. Life is good. Even a bad day of life is still a day of life which is blessing. And tomorrow will come. Make the best of your tomorrow if today isn't what you want it to be.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment