Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Where Are the Morals

It is funny to me how our generation is full of people who are, from my point of view, proud of their sinful nature. We tweet about how much sex we have. We never untag photos of our overly drunken nights. We discuss the grade of weed we just purchased as if it were a grade of meat. We, for all intents and purposes, say to children, "Do you want to have male or female tendencies?" as opposed to long ago when boys were made aware what things were boyish and what things made them look like sissies. Really, I have to ask, where is the backbone? I feel like we no longer stand for anything and, instead, we let any- and everything fly.

After reading more into history, I do not believe our generation does worse things than generations past. I believe that we do it at a higher frequency and with no sense of discretion because it is no longer frowned upon. Females are out here trying to think like men and males are out here trying to dress like women and at the end of the day, we have more females/males and fewer true ladies/gentlemen.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment