Friday, July 15, 2011

Up For The Challenge

I just got out of school on May 6, 2011. For 65 days, I did very little but pray, read, workout, apply for jobs and interview. In all actuality, my interviews began 45 days into this period. Two of the three companies I interviewed with were companies that other people put me in touch with and that I filled out no preliminary application for. But every day I was filling out anywhere from 10-25 job applications online. It was discouraging. Very few people really knew the detrimental impact that not working would have had on my future. I would have had to move back to my hometown (Durham), lived with my parents, and for all intents and purposes, as driven as I am, I likely would have remained stagnant for a period of time. That was not the situation I needed to be in.

Thankfully, God answers prayers. I have received a job offer. I will be earning a salary that will allow me to establish both financial stability and wealth. I have one of my fraternity brothers who is a professional financial advisor helping me properly budget, manage and invest my money. The second I get my first check from my new company, every cent in it will have already been properly spent, saved, and invested.

Though the road may not have been as long as some, I spent those 65 days working harder than most so that I would not end up putting myself in a position that would be counterproductive in my quest to meet my goals in life. And to everyone who is still working to get a job, do so diligently. Something is going to come from your hard work.

A special thanks goes out to Brittany Butler, Stevan Dozier, Desireè Bell, James Hart, Jakiya Brown and Yivkarah Young for helping me get the position, each in your own capacity. Now I just have to go in there, work hard, and let the company know that I am one of the greatest assets to their success in the history of the company. I'm up for the challenge though.

Sent from my iPod

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment