Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If Troy Davis Dies Tonight


The struggle of the masses
Is not race but class is
The truest issue facing those under God
Race is surface level... a facade
They blind us so we don't examine the true problems
Because then we would definitely be able to solve them
I can't and I won't act like race isn't a factor
But in comparison to wealth, race just doesn't matter
See, if I can pay for a good defense, I can pull an OJ
And if I can't, I'll be sitting where Troy Dave
Is, awaiting an execution with no foreseeable solution
But all this mental pollution
Has us thinking it's really about the color of his skin
When it's really about the skin that holds his money
Is it pleather or cowhide... This is so sad yet so funny.
From cow tail whips in Africa to cowhide leather that makes wallets to buy whips
Either way, if you're rich, the taste of death won't touch your lips
You cannot say that I am naive. No, I've thought this through
Race is an issue, but money is too
No, money is one and race is two
So if you're a rich black man, you're doing better than a slew
Of whites whose grandparents slaughtered our people
Because now, money, not race, is what makes you regal
Funny thing is, the love of money is the root of evil
So to wear a crown you must rock with d'evils
Social d-evols... Social devolution
And that is where I come to my conclusion
The white man is not the devil. Sorry to those who believe it
The rich man who lets money replace love, though you can't see it,
He is the devil... or at least a demon in service
So, ask yourself, when you make love to your money with your time, was it worth it?

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment