Monday, September 12, 2011

Trust Issues

I'm listening to the song Trust Issues by Drake on repeat and I am thinking about how minute his issues with trust really are. Either that or his lyrical explanation of them is far from adequate.

He doesn't trust women to mix his drinks because he's "on one." As a man, I've never been worried about a woman slipping something in my drink. More than anything, when it comes to trusting women, I have issues with their loyalty, more so emotionally than physically, though physically is also an issue. I have seen first hand many women use their infidelity to disrespect their significant to such a degree that I would never speak to that woman again.

But even beyond trusting women, I don't trust people in general. Most people are shiesty. It goes beyond trusting people with information. So many people are unreliable because they are inconsistently there for you. From family to friends to fraternity brothers to girlfriends, people will let you down. They will leave you. To trust someone takes so much effort that to put your full trust in any more people than you have to will drain you to death emotionally. People leave. People die. People lie. You can't trust everyone. But make sure that, those who you do trust, have been gradually tested as opposed to placing an exponential amount of faith on them early on in you all's relationship. That is how you develop trust issues that seem insurmountable. Then again, even those can be overcome by the right people. Or at least I think so.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment