Thursday, September 29, 2011

Perception TV

If you know me, you know I hate the genre that has been named "Reality Television." No one lives like this. I don't know anyone who is in their feelings in public all the time. Most people I know are not alright with telling the world their feelings all the time. Also, most people I know have more sense than to act like a complete idiot and/or jerk all the time. My family would be embarrassed. That's how I know this is all an act.

Secondly, I think these shows set new societal norms. "Let's not get married. Let's just live together and have kids." "I feel like getting botox is like going and filling up the gas tank." (<--- that was actually a direct quote) Come on people!!! Maybe this nation has always been that superficial, but I know better. Our microwave generation wants everything without working for it. I'm really worried about bringing kids into the world in the future.

On top of all that, why do we have time to give a damn about what's going on in the lives of basketball baby mamas and not in the halls of Congress? This is why our nation is so backward. And then we get mad about the way the economy is looking. We do it to ourselves so we deserve it. Until we get back to wanting to learn more than we want to be entertained, we will continue on this downward slope and no politician can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment