Friday, August 7, 2009

Don't Call Me King Leonidas

The closer I get to next Saturday, the more ready I am to move back to Greensboro. I have been ready to start this year for sooooooooooooo long. Even though I will have an extra semester (not planned for), this is my last full year of school! I am so thankful that God brought me this far. This generation is going to be the first on my father mother's side to graduate from college. I am only preceded as the first male to graduate only by my older cousin Sean. On my mom's side I will be the first male to graduate ever. (I am not including anyone outside of uncles, aunts, first cousins in these "facts").
Anyway, in preparation for this year, I have been working on my mind, body, and soul. I hope to go back to school focused, with a plan, but also with an open mind and a strong, yet flexible schedule. I really want to work hard, enjoy this year, and make the most out of everyday. I'm going to go see every movie I want to see this year. I'm not going to party too much, but when I do go out, I'm going to have a great time (Plug - ****BLACK PEARL***** HOSTED BY THE PLAYBOI PI ZETA CHAPTER OF AΦA AND THE LADIES OF PEARLFECTION ******THURSDAY AUGUST 27TH******** @ BENTLY'S...FREE SHUTTLE RIDES TO AND FROM THE CLUB....THE OFFICIAL BACK TO SCHOOL PARTY...................06-08-OH YEAH!!). I am going to hang out with my fraternity brothers, regardless of chapter, and go on road trips. I'm going to have out of town bruhs sleeping on my couch when they come through Greensboro because that is the true meaning of fraternity. I am going to pull at least a 3.5 GPA because I'm in college to get an education. I am going to read the Bible every day. I am going to get bigger and stronger. I am going to serve the community. BBSA will be the premiere general body organization (not black organization but organization period) on the campus of UNCG. The Pi Zeta chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity will hold up the light for the campus to see. It will be a great year because life is too short not to enjoy it.
When I look back over the past 3 years, I must say that I am fortunate to have had the opportunities I have had. God has given me opportunities that many people could only dream of. Though true friends are few and far between, the ones that I really can count on have been rocks to me. Life is a blessing and I really want to take all of it's lessons and let this year be an unforgettable one. So if you're hating, hate on. But if you're with me, let's make moves this year. Let's make the University of North Carolina at Greensboro the most dynamic school in the The University of North Carolina system. Regardless of what organization(s) you might be in, let the UNCG chapter of that organization be the strongest in the state and the nation. Let's let the light of our school shine bright and, with or without a football team or a Tarheel-talented basketball roster, let's make our school everyone's first choice.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment