Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Feel It In The Air

I was suffering from writers block up until 2 minutes ago and had asked a couple people what I should write about today. It was suggested that I write about the movie that I saw yesterday, but I'm not much of a critic. It was also suggested that I write about my future plans, but I'm not much of a psychic either. So I guess I'll write about something that I really do love: Hip-Hop.

I really don't feel like doing some long, drawn out explication on how Hip-Hop is dead. It's not dead, it's just replacing a lot of it's meat with fat. But it's still got some strong muscles. E.O.D. (End of discussion). I just want to write about my favorite rap song - Feel It In the Air by Beanie Sigel. I'm not going to say it's one of the best hip-hop songs b/c I know it's not. Beanie Sigel is definitely far from one of the world's greatest rappers. But this song is my personal favorite because it speaks to much to where I feel like I am and always will be in my life. Regardless of how much I mature, I feel like I will always have a hard time trusting most people.

I'm going to let Beans say the rest of what I want to say. These are some of my favorite lines from the song.

"I ain't the captain of the yacht but I'm on the boat. I read between the lines of your eyes and your brows. ya handshake ain't matchin' your smile. I sit alone in my 4 cornered room... ready to go bananas. i hear this voice in the back of my mind like mack tighten up ya circle before they hurt you. read they body language - 85% communication non-verbal."


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment