Sunday, August 2, 2009

All The Small Things

Good evening world. Today I gave back for the first time this entire summer. Sad to say, I have selfishly used my time on myself. But today, I served as a chaperon on my church's youth group trip to Carowinds . I really didn't want to go at first b/c I knew it would make me think about when I went to Six Flags last summer w/ Britt. But when I got on the church van with those kids, I smiled so much. Children really are God's gift to us. Their innocence can make the hardest people soft. It felt so good to do something that wasn't self serving in anyway. It would have been easy for me to sit around and workout or go hoop with my boys or something. But instead I went to hang out with a bunch of young, energetic kids who wore me out. And it felt great. I needed that. It reminded me of how simple life can be and how we overlook the small blessings.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment