Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You Are Appreciated




Everyday I'm learning that it is harder and harder to find good people. I really appreciate the people who God has put into my life. Today, my money was tight, but I ate. My friend who works at a resturant hooked me up with lunch and my line brother (whose money is just as tight as mine) and I combined our money to get some dinner. Life isn't about what others can do for you but rather what you can do for others. And the blessing is that, even when you don't expect it to, all that comes back to you.
More importantly, I want to show appreciation for all the friends who aren't always seen as the reason for my successes. The ones who put the smiles on my face at the most random times. Everyone knows what my family and my LBs and my girlfriend and my real close boys mean to me. That's displayed all the time via Facebook and Twitter. But the people who I can attribute my minor level of success to are the people who aren't always around. It's the cousins and the friends who might send me a random text once every 4 months but it's right when I need it. Or it might be the AKA who just drops a line in the PhirstPham BBM chatroom that says "Everyone have a blessed day." Or it might just be the friend from freshman year who decides to always be there whenever you need to talk. Either way, I really appreciate everyone in my life. Life is too good to let another moment go by without telling someone you know that you love him/her. So that is what I'm going to do. I appreciate those of you who don't hear it from me on a weekly basis. No matter how insignificant a role you think you play in my life, you really might be the one who makes my day.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

1 comment:

  1. This post definitely resonates with a lot of how i have been feeling lately. Today I struggled the same battle not knowing what I was going to eat and I had exactly a $1 on my debit card and for some reason it would not work. The guy at Sonic gave me the sandwich I had order for simply 85 cents the spare change I had in my wallet and that meant the world to me. He may not know it but he definitely made my life better by simply allowing me to eat.

    Its definitely those small things in life that matter the most. Even amidst all the hardships I go through I always remember those people who are constantly giving me encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete