Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Want Some Ice Cream

"Money can't buy happiness but it's a damn good down payment." -- Fabolous

One day I want to know what it is like to live comfortably. I want to have all financial burdens removed and really enjoy my life. I'm not afraid to work to get there, but I want to go a nice period of my life in which my family and I are able to enjoy the fruits of my labor (and my wife's if she chooses to work after we get settled).

I want to be able to leave the state for a vacation with my wife and kids. I want to get the kids nice birthday gifts and throw them birthday parties. I want a good job that I enjoy but don't have to kill myself doing. I want to have great credit and enough money in savings that my kids won't have to worry about rushing through school so that they won't have to tack on an extra year of college loans. I want to take my wife on a date in a different state at least once a month and a different country twice a year.

I want all of this because I just don't see it as my reality. I have never stepped foot on foreign soil. My family hasn't vacationed together since I was in 6th or 7th grade. My mom was talking to me yesterday about picking up a second job for the holidays just so she could make ends meet when Christmas comes around. I refuse to do it. I can't be broke. I will work at McDonald's as a cashier before I am broke.

Yes, I put a lot of emphasis on money but if you never had ice cream but watched people smile as they ate it around you, you'd wonder what it tasted like. Same thing.

I have to be different. It's that simple. I want too much not to be.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment