Sunday, October 10, 2010

th3 con10ual JOurneY

People say live with no regrets but I believe that having nothing you wish you had not done is unrealistic. There are situations I wish I hadn't been in, people I wish I'd developed a better relationship with. There are even thinking back to my choice of words at times, I wish I hadn't chosen them. I am not saying dwell on the past but that, if you have regrets, have them, learn from them, and let that be that. Too often we have regrets about decisions we make and then do the exact same thing. Where is the maturity in that?

Let today be the day that you begin thinking about your life critically. Everyone always says they want to be happy but I think joy is what we are often in search of. Joy, in my opinion,is a stronger, less conditional form of happiness. Joy is to happiness what love is to like. It isn't just something you find in an instance, but rather something you must work toward and pray for. I was happy when I was single. I am working toward having a joyful relationship with Des. I am happy when I get paid from my job. I will find joy when I am getting paid to do something that I am passionate about. I was happy when I crossed Alpha. Joy came when I death marched off of the fountain with my LBs. I am happy when I have a couple drinks and go out to the party. I find joy in reading the Word.

Is the difference clear?

From this point on, I am thinking critically about life. Sometimes you must let go of short term happiness in order to find joy. And, in that joy, if you realize that it is a continual journey and not a destination, you will find a greater happiness than you could have ever experienced in your state of ignorance.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment