Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Light Up

They always tell me nobody's working as hard as you and even though I laugh it off, man it's probably true... Don't get impatient when it takes too long. -- Drake

Even though I'm trying to enjoy my life, sometimes it feels like even trying to enjoy it is a job. Everyone says when they want to do work when they join a fraternity/sorority but a Greek organization is a corporation so you have to decide whether or not you're going to do the work of a CEO or that of the doorman. It is often exhausting to say the least but I must say that I wouldn't trade my letters for anyone else's.

One thing that I'm learning more and more is that just being smart isn't enough. Success is all about hard work and being there when the opportunity presents itself. I'm always there for the opportunity but for the first time in a while I feel that my work ethic, academically speaking, is matching up with my intelligence. Who would've thought I'd be caught in this life lesson?

I'd already written on Jay-Z's verse August 27 in the post titled "Triple Entendre" so I won't bore my regular readers.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment