Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Letter to Letters

Dear Greek Life,

You are the reason I learned the meaning that there is a thin line between love and hate. You taught me the meaning of perseverance and, because of you, I gave up on something that mattered for the first time in my life. You taught me how to ask for help from others and how to trust no one but the ones who give you a reason to. You took my money and you gave me siblings. You raised the prices over time and continued to take away the things that represent your organization. You reached deep into the pockets of your alumni members and threatened to remove your foundation, the college members. You gave us an avenue to do service but continually do a disservice to us by continually requiring chapters to pay more and more in dues, while simultaneously increasing intake fees. You teach less, charge more, and cause some members to appreciate less by continually making it easier to join.

True, pledging may be outlawed by all NPHC fraternities and sororities but that doesn't mean I can't pledge myself to giving my all to my letters even when it often asks me and my other Greek peers to sacrifice more than we can afford to.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Citizen of Greekdom


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment