Wednesday, November 16, 2011

C.ourage U.nder T.rials

"How do you cope with death knowing it's your closest flesh dead and gone? Left to mourn and hold your breath. I'm a soldier, yes, but I cry too." -- Juelz Santana

I'm sitting here listening to this song off of what is arguably my favorite rap album of all time (not the best but certainly one of my favorites). I'm just thinking to myself, "What is the proper way to mourn the loss of a parent?" This is not some normal thing to deal with at this age. I was well prepared to be the man of the family but I wasn't ready for it. And, being that I wasn't ready, I haven't taken any steps to be successful in this, my life's newest challenge. But that's life. "Deryle get out here... Now stay there." No one can pull you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment