Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Diamonds & Pearls 2011

Some of these women I used to dig in my younger years
They still haven't changed since my younger years
I mean, these women haven't changed since The Wonder Years
Tea parties like you're a princess? Come on dear
See, I needed a former princess whose grown into a queen
A Christian, mature, strong black female human being
One who deals in reality and not in fantasy
A lady who is humble but still knows when to be fancy
Well-dressed, sexy, but leaves much to the imagination
Girls who show it all are saying "It's not worth waitin'."
And mine is worth waitin'
Shoot, mine was worth chasin'
So I put on my cross trainers and I started racin'
But anyway, enough about you all. More about her
I was on my way to sick and she is a work-in-progress cure
No one is perfect but she makes life worth it
Stick around. Some real feelings might surface
Stick around and a ring I might purchase
Stick around and we'll improve. I'm certain
But anyway, I just wanted to tell you all about herself
She's not a big drinker but I'm sure she's top shelf
She is a big thinker and that's why my heart melts
You can say it's soft but really it's heart felt
Ok, so this was a grown up poem for my grown up girlfriend
The one who I stick with, even through the whirlwinds
The one I want to hold my hand, even as the world ends
No Prince but I hope to make her my DIMEonds and Pearls friend


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment