Friday, March 2, 2012

The Guru

Ok, so I am one of the best dressed people I know with one of the most versatile wardrobes. So I really have a hard time seeing how some people cannot dress. Personally, if I see someone who is where I want to be, I will try to develop myself by picking up some of their traits. My ADP George Acheampong arguably has the most potential for success out of everyone I met in college. George is very well dressed. Therefore, even before I got initiated into Alpha Phi Alpha, I was taking notes from him. To a lot of younger guys, I am George. Some of them took advantage of knowing me and used me as a resource. That's not to say I am the magazine GQ but I am GQ the man. So it would behoove you to contact me if you have any questions. If I don't know, I know someone who does (likely either George or Vince who is my younger brother but whose knowledge of proper dress and grooming is growing exponentially).

And you can maintain your individuality but do it with some sense. The hardbody sag is dead. Really son? Your jeans are sitting right above your knees. I can get fresh too and go to anybody's hood and walk out without looking like I don't belong. And I do that. I just dress for the situation I'm in or I have the potential to be in. If there is a chance I can meet someone who can help my personal development, my appearance will reflect that. It's no different than wearing winter clothes in the winter and summer clothes in the summer.

Seriously though, don't hesitate to ask me any questions. The photo in this post was taken at an upscale movie theater that serves drinks and desserts while you watch. I dressed for the situation.


Oh, one more thing - if you have to choose between overdressing and underdressing, overdress.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment