Thursday, March 8, 2012

Very Impatient People

Ok, this post is going to be short.

What makes us important enough to be in VIP? Seriously? Because we can buy a ticket. Importance and some semblance of wealth (artificial as it may be) are not the same things. I spent $20 more than someone who was in the general population just so I could eat some finger foods. And I ended up spending most of my time outside of VIP because most of the people in that section were looking like they had more fun than those in VIP... There is no real point to this post except to make people think. Finger foods don't come with importance.

Then we have to decide what kind of importance we're talking about. Obviously, in this post, I am talking about the superficial but that is what our society values these days. So last weekend, I let that value system take control and I felt important... Hopefully that $20 I lost out on won't come back to bite me.

Btw, the photograph is one of me having fun outside of VIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment