Saturday, March 24, 2012

Letter To Letter Wears (A Poem)

Do you internalize the lit that you learn or do you just forget?
I won't curse so I'll just say I'm tired of this bull that we spit
We act for the flashing lights at a probate
But then at service projects we don't show face?
You grit up at night. Why can't you get up today?
The community needs us. Look at how they shot Tray
The test of the man is taken on a never ending sheet
And we write with our life's breath. Our never ending ink
Invictus is not just a movie. We truly are captains
Not in charge of what happens but in charge of our actions
And my dean taught me we are in charge of our attitudes
We speak without passion but instead with such platitudes
You don't have to be loud. We all know silent intensity
I know I love my frat and all it has meant to me
Don't let it fall. Over a century
Of positive work has been done and eventually
We will bring out people to a more level field
But maybe internalize your lit instead of #SoIKnowItsReal
Think Greeks. Think! We are the talented tenth
Excelling in intellect and balanced in strength
Don't sit your bucket down, no offense to Booker T.
Pick it up. Move forward. Compose a symphony
Of melodic peace and provocative change
We are today's founders, so why don't we act the same

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment