Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Effortless Success = Unrealistic

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you... As we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." - - Marianne Williamson


So often we sell ourselves short so that we won't have to really work. Deep down, there is a greatness in us all, but our fear of "failure" prevents us from truly realizing how great we really are. We don't give 100% to something b/c, when we fail, it is easy to say "Oh, I could have done it, I just didn't try." But then I must ask "Why?" Why not give your all when you really have nothing to lose? Actually, by giving your all, you will probably save yourself time. Curtis Cotton III used to tell me "Do something right the first time and you won't have to do it again." That is so true. Why not do something the correct way from point A? Then you will save yourself time and a headache.

Don't get me wrong, giving your all is a risk. When you put everything you have into anything, what you are really doing is putting your heart into it. That is a scary thing, especially for us men. We guard our hearts like there is no tomorrow and the thought of putting it into something that is unstable is not what we would prefer to do. But I challenge us all, men and women, to step out on faith. God doesn't want us hurt. What fun comes from that? Believe in Him enough to see your greatness.

We never really realize how great we are until we learn to put all of ourselves into something. So give it your all. If you don't like the outcome, sue me (just kidding. Please don't do me like that!)

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

1 comment:

  1. lol Good points. I live by this quote...

    "Believe in ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible"-me

    so I feel like there are no excuses when it comes to taking chances. I admit I have made lots of mistakes and I wish I could go back and fixed them, but I can't. Instead of attempting to do it right the first time, I was simply doing it because it needed to be done. That definitely is a big difference, and it can effect several outcomes for you. So I agree, go out on a limb...and if you fall sue Deryle. lol

    ReplyDelete