Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No TieTull AddAQuitLee Sez WhaHut Eye Want Tew Sѐ

Why do people feel the need to type shorthand that isn't really short hand? I get text messages that say things like "thiz iz duh best dae ov muh entyre freeeeeeken lyfe." I feel like that really makes you seem ignorant. I understand texting a friend and saying "I dont feel like goin 2 class 2day b/c Im sick. I need u 2 get the notes 4 me. L8r." It's not that hard to understand that. I don't need proper grammer or punctuation (unless your text is business related). But when I have to sound out your text message, there is a problem there. The point of texting is so that I don't have to talk. Do we have to show individuality in every freaking way? Some things are genuinely unique and some things just look like you shouldn't have made it past the 2nd grade. I don't do this with the intention of offending anyone, but with the intention of making my text inbox more legible. So if you have my number, I hope you will not text me nonsense anymore. Thanks.

*Shout to Proudy Bailey for being my muse today.

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment