Monday, July 20, 2009

Time on My Hands

I am so tired of doing the exact same thing day after day. I said I was tired of never having a boring day but this is ridiculous. I looked for a job and it's not happening. Most college students who were able to work this summer are returning to their former places of employment. I really can't deal. I'm used to getting out of bed, going to the gym, eating breakfast, showering and putting on a freshly pressed shirt and a tie. Then the unpredictable day begins. Aside from knowing where I'm going, I have no clue as to what my life will bring that day. I usually learn new things in classes, see friends/acquaintances, meet new people. I have lunch appointments and evening meetings. At night I call friends and find something to do or I might head to the library and check out a movie. And this is excluding weekends. These were known as my "boring" days. I was sadly mistaken.

Correction: This is boring! There is nothing to do. Nothing at all. Maybe I'll catch up with some old friends on the weekend, but other than that, my days now consist of waking up, washing up, reading the Bible, watching TV, working out, blogging, eating, reading some more, running a couple miles, talking on the phone and sleeping. It's relaxing but sometimes it gets old. And I still have a month here.

Solution - Volunteer. I'm going to have to find somewhere to give my time to b/c, if I can't profit from my time, maybe someone else can. But this sitting around thing isn't helping. Financial stability is not the only fulfillment that one can find and since it is something I definitely won't find, I will look to find fulfillment on a more selfless level. So hopefully these boring days will get better soon...

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment