Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Even on my Worst Days...

Usually I write to air out a grievance but today, I 'm just going to write in a spirit of thanksgiving. Even with all the flaws in the world, more specifically in this nation, I am unbelievably blessed. So often we focus so much on the negative things that we don't appreciate the good things.

Example 1: I have food and usually if I don't eat three meals each day it is because I don't "want" to eat something. That is so spoiled of me. How often do our families have leftovers in the fridge that end up getting thrown away? Tell that to a child in an under-developed nation and he really might smack you.

Example 2: I have more clothes than 3/4 of the people in my house combined. This is just b/c I really enjoy being able to change styles, but it is no where near a necessity. I am thankful for my wardrobe but even as recently as 100 years ago, people in America had three sets of clothes - work clothes, relaxing clothes, and Sunday clothes. Now I catch myself shopping for new outfits for most major parties. And why? Just b/c I want to.

Example 3: I can afford to kick back and relax. I might not be living as comfortably as I would like to this summer but I am living. My bills are getting paid (barely and always at the last minute). I wish I was working but I'm just going to tough it out through this dry spell. And when it passes, I'll be even more thankful.I don't want to dwell on my blessings b/c I could go on all day.

But anyway, just wanted to focus on the good things in life. The world might be bad, but life is good. Have a great day.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment