Thursday, August 12, 2010

B.I.L. List

My Blackberry Messenger status read "Thinking...". The young lady who I had adopted as my little sister (and who actually is like a real one now) asked me "What are you thinking about?" I responded "Just all the stuff I have to do this year and what I'm going to do after school." "U can do everything!!" "I know. that's my problem. I want to do everything. But I don't know where to start." "It's ok. Write everything down. Then map it out. Number things by priority." I haven't done all of that yet, but I did write it down. Below is a list of things I want to do by the time I leave this Earth, in no specific order. And, since we never know when that day will come, I might as well start tonight.

Before I live, I want to:
get a tattoo
write a book
graduate from undergrad
work for a Fortune 500 Company
become an executive at a Fortune 500 Company
do missionary work
travel to each continent (Antarctica is negotiable)
get married once and stay with her in a completely committed relationship
bring people to Christ
donate a full year's salary to a charity
have a greenhouse that I care for
hold a public office
be a great dad
earn my Master's
earn my Doctorate
stop cursing
fund a scholarship in the name of my great-grandmother, Ms. Polly Ann Williams
live like Christ
buy my parents and grandmothers homes
read the Bible in it's entirety
not go a day without smiling
be wealthy, but live far below my means
mentor a child from elementary school through college
remain an active brother in Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. in every sense of the word "active"
serve as a District Director in Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
own my own business
remain well-dressed
surround myself with forward thinking people
read a book per month
maintain a great credit score
remain active in whatever church I am a member of
always be myself, but always let my definition of self grow intentionally
strive for excellence, not perfection
tithe

I am sure more things will come up but I think this is a pretty solid list for a soon-to-be college grad. Now I've just got to make moves toward it. Thanks Torey.


Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

1 comment: