Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just Venting

Listening to Lauryn Hill. I'm really just trying to chill right now. As I often say, I feel like I have the world on my shoulders and the galaxy on my mind. Everyone expects so much from me and sometimes I don't think that I can meet their expectations. I am already tired and the fall has not even started yet.

As much as leadership is an honor, it is a burden. If things go right, it's everyone's victory. If things go wrong, it's my fault. No one ever says that, but that's the reality of things. I really just want to get away. I want to go where no one can reach me. But here I am, my head bloodied, but unbowed. So I'll grind it out, take a vacation to my bedroom from from time to time, and pray. That is all I can do.

Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment