Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ignorance is no Excuse

The words in the Bible haven't changed... so why has our interpretation?

I can understand that the depth of understanding can always increase. What I do not understand is why people choose to take things out of the Word. True, I knowingly ignore some Biblical rules but I know I'm wrong. That's not right but I acknowledge that it is something I need to work on. If you don't acknowledge that it's even wrong, why would you ever work on correcting it? And if enough people ignore it, will it be written out of a version of the Bible? If the Bible says it, it is what it is. In spite of all the controversy about missing cannons and differences between the Protestant and Catholic Bible, I believe that God makes no mistakes and He wouldn't give us a Bible that didn't have everything we need in it. So why disregard something that He believes we need. Take what His Word says, apply it to the world today, and keep it moving.

If you believe in Jesus Christ, I believe you will make it to Heaven. But if you really believe in Him and His greatness, why wouldn't you want to do what He wants you to do? I'm not saying I'm perfect. And I'm not trying to be. But strive for excellence, I will do. And that only comes through discussion, prayer, and reading without picking and choosing what topics you don't like.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment