Thursday, August 5, 2010

Impact

I just had a great talk w/ my brother Cory. It is interesting that those who put the most effort into developing a relationship with us end up having the biggest impact on us. In listening to him talk, I see reflections of myself, Jerm, RJ, and Phil (a few of Pi Zeta's brothers who held down the TR3 and/or tail positions). I often catch myself sounding like Phil or Curtis or RJ. Brothers who really care enough to develop you into a better Alpha man (or Kappa, Omega, Sigma, Iota) are few and far between. It's not just about the money you pay and the letters you wear. A fraternity is a family. Time must be put in. Sacrifices must be made in order to ensure the growth of those in the family. I love my brothers and I am proud when people tell me I sound just like Phil or RJ. And I hope that, when I am a few semesters removed, someone will be saying the same about the newly old Playbois.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Litera scripta manet. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment